As we all know DevOps engineers never go out of demand and CKA certification is one of the top most essential certifications for DevOps. CKA or Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) is specially curated for aspirants interested in setting up and managing Kubernetes clusters. It is one of the open-source systems. Kubernetes training accelerates scaling, automation deployment, and management of containerized applications.
In today’s time, skilled DevOps engineers and Kubernetes security certification have a very high demand. Hence, it is said that passing the CKA certification can boost your career as a DevOps engineer. If you are looking out to appear for the CKA exam and are looking for proper guidance, you are at the right place! This article precisely curates all the important information and answers all the questions that you may have regarding the CKA certification.
Google designed Kubernetes certification; however, later, it was taken over by the cloud native computing foundation. It helps you expand your knowledge regarding designing and deploying cloud-native applications on a Kubernetes cluster.
How to appear for the CKA exam?
If you are sure about appearing for the exam, there are a few things that you should keep in mind:
- Scoring 66% or more is mandatory to pass the exam.
- The certification validity is three years.
- It’s an online examination.
- After registering for the exam, you get one year to schedule the exam.
- You get two attempts to give the test.
- If you miss a scheduled exam, your second attempt gets nullified.
Let us now get into the details of the CKA examination.
- Exam duration- 2 hours.
- Exam type – Online examination.
- Kubernetes certification cost- $395.
- Kubernetes version- v1.24.
The CKA exam syllabus, as per the latest version, is given below.
|Workloads and scheduling||15%|
|Services and networking||20%|
|Cluster architecture, installation, and configuration.||25%|
If you are very new to this, you should start with [Free Ebook] Kubernetes Up and Running 2 or Kubernetes in action. Further, some of the best Kubernetes certification training courses are available online.
You may want to do hands-on practice to excel at the CKA certification. Since the CKA certification does not have an MCQ-type question, it is cardinal to have a practice hands-on.
Tips on CKA certification exam
- Go through the course twice
- Perform the mock tests until you are convinced enough to solve without the Kubernetes notes
- Solve Mock Exams until you score 90%
- Concentrate on the wrong questions in the mock test, and refer to the mock exam solution if you find issues
Guidelines to follow while giving a CKA certification exam
- Further, you should keep another wi-fi/internet connection handy, in case the one in use goes down, and finish your paper at least 15 minutes before to avoid any glitches and last-minute chaos.
- Lastly, avoid keeping anything else that is not your laptop and other usable things on your table while giving an examination.
Benefits of CKA Certification
There are several goals to cover, and you should understand that the certification has certain benefits to acquiring enthusiasm to appear for the exam.
- CKA certification enables you to create a resume that is distinctive from the bunch. Organizations are highly dependent on Kubernetes, thus, providing a remarkable opportunity to outshine the competition
- Kubernetes security certification offers an impressive rise in income. Organizations are glad to pay more to certified Kubernetes experts as the credentials authenticate the proficiency of professionals to address all responsibilities adequately.
There is no doubt that the CKA certification will accelerate your career and promises you higher pay. However, one must be passionate and hard-working enough to take the Kubernetes training, which requires dedication and patience. Although the Kubernetes certification cost falls on the heavier side, it is worth it after clearing the examination. People may conclude that the CKA certification exam is hard to crack, but you can easily clear the examination with a lot of practice and mock tests on hands-on practice. Lastly, if you want to renew the CKA certification, you may want to take the exam before it expires. Start your journey by registering and starting an online hands-on practice test! Good luck with your journey!