A Microsoft Server certification is a great way to improve your career prospects and show potential employers that you have the necessary skills to work with their systems. However, landing a job in this field can be competitive, so you must be prepared for your interviews. You can easily crack any interview with the proper Microsoft certification training and experience.
To help you out, here is a list of the top 65 interview questions for windows servers. These questions cover various topics, including technologies, from general server knowledge to specific topics. By preparing for these questions, you’ll be in a great position to impress your interviewer and secure the job you want.
1. What is a server?
2. What are some typical server roles?
3. What is Active Directory?
4. What is a domain controller?
5. What is DNS?
6. What is DHCP?
7. What is a file server?
8. What is an application server?
9. What is a web server?
10. What are some standard Microsoft server products?
11. What is Windows Server 2003?
12. What is Windows Server 2008?
13. What is Windows Server 2012?
14. What are the features of Windows Server 2012?
15. What is Hyper-V?
16. What is failover clustering?
17. What is a server farm?
18. What is load balancing?
19. What is a virtual private server?
20. What is a blade server?
21. What is a rack-mounted server?
22. What are the benefits of using a server?
23. What are some common server problems that occur?
24. How can server downtime be prevented?
25. What steps can be taken to secure a server?
26. What are the best practices for server maintenance?
27. What should be done when the server crashes?
28. How can you troubleshoot server problems?
29. What are some common performance issues with servers?
30. How can server performance be improved?
31. What are some common security risks while working with servers?
32. How can a server be safeguarded against attacks?
33. What are some compliance issues to be aware of when working with servers?
34. What is the Microsoft Server Migration Guide?
35. Microsoft released new Windows Server 2016 licensing models – what do they entail?
36. When considering a Microsoft Azure Cloud solution – what licensing considerations are there?
37. List some Microsoft Server 2016 features?
38. What is new in Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016?
39. Describe what a System Administrator does daily.
40. What do you understand by Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)?
41. What is Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) used for?
42. Name five roles of a Microsoft Exchange Server.
43. What is message tracking and logging used for in Microsoft Exchange Server?
44. How do you set up voicemail in Microsoft Exchange Server?
45. Why would you use Microsoft SharePoint?
46. Define what a site collection is in Microsoft SharePoint.
47. What are Microsoft SQL Server databases used for?
48. How do you create a backup and restore a Microsoft SQL Server database?
49. What is Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) used for?
50. How can Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) be used?
51. What is Microsoft Azure, and what services does it provide?
52. What is an Availability Set in Microsoft Azure?
53. What are the different types of storage offered by Microsoft Azure?
54. What is a Resource Group in Microsoft Azure?
55. What networking options are available when using Microsoft Azure?
56. What is a Virtual Network in Microsoft Azure?
57. What is an Azure VPN, and how can it be used?
58. What are Azure Active Directory (AD) and Azure AD Domain Services (AADDS)?
59. What is an Azure App Service?
60. What are some benefits of using an Azure App Service?
61. What is a Web App in Azure?
62. How can I use Azure to deploy my web app?
63. What is a Cloud Service in Azure?
64. How can I use Azure to deploy my cloud service?
65. What are some other services offered by Microsoft Azure?
Note: You may also be asked what Microsoft online courses you have completed or how many attempts you gave to a particular Microsoft course.
With these questions prepared, you should be well on acing your Microsoft Server certification interview. As always, do your research and be prepared for anything. With a Microsoft Server certification under your belt, you’re well on your way to an exciting and rewarding career in the world of information technology. But you’ll need to ace the interview before landing your dream job.