Indian egg curry is a spicy dish which originated in the southern Indian state of Kerala. This dish consists of eggs, onions, green chilies, curry leaves and left to cook in a sauce of coconut milk.
The blend of spices creates this flavorsome consistency that will tickle your taste buds without overwhelming them with sweetness. Indian egg curry is usually served with boiled rice topped with freshly grated coconut on the side or as an accompaniment to other dishes like appam or plain dosa.
- 2 medium onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cm ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 green hot pepper, halved and sliced
- 6 eggs size m
- 2/3 can whole tomatoes (from 400 grams)
- 2/3 can coconut milk (from 400 grams)
- Garam masala 1.5 tsp
- 1.5 teaspoons of curry
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- Salt and Pepper
- Neutral coconut or vegetable oil
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Serve basmati rice with curry.
- Serve Indian naan with curry. not necessary
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan. Add mustard seeds, cinnamon and chilies and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger and onions and sauté for a few minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric, coriander, curry powder, garam masala and chili powder, mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Let the sauce boil for a few minutes, then add the coconut milk, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, poach eggs in boiling water with a pinch of salt. Take them out after 7 minutes and immediately place them in a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking.
- When the curry paste is ready, remove the curry paste from the stove. Peel the eggs and prick gently with a fork about 4 times, then add the eggs to the curry for about 3 minutes.
- Serve the curry sprinkled with parsley.
- The curry goes well with basmati rice or similar rice. And maybe Indian naan bread.
- With that info just a little more red curry if you like it more spicy use more green chili and/or chili powder.
- Indian naan may not be easy to find. Pita bread also works. (Take a picture for me to see because I haven’t had bread for a long time)
- If you like cilantro, you can also substitute fresh parsley for the cilantro.
- Read more How Vitamin D Food Can Help Relieve Impotence